Jon Gosselin bitten by venomous spider

Jon Gosselin is recovering in hospital after being bitten by a venomous spider while sleeping, TMZ reports.

The reality TV dad and former reality TV star was being treated at Winthrop University Hospital in Port Jefferson, New York.

A spokesperson for the hospital told TMZ the ordeal began when Gosselin fell asleep on his couch while attending an event, but when he woke up he was feeling unwell. He was treated for a spider bite and is currently being evaluated by the hospital’s staff.

Gosselin recently appeared on Big Brother Australia. His 13-year-old twins, Mady and Cara, and his wife Kate are part of the show.

A spokesman for the Starz network issued a statement after Gosselin’s hospital visit: “Jon and Kate’s children are not home at the moment. Jon’s injuries are minor and are being treated at a local hospital.”

The 47-year-old has a long history of having surgeries for health issues including back pain, hypothyroidism and diabetes.

Brought to you by EXTRA A photo posted by Jon Gosselin (@jongosselin1) on Mar 27, 2015 at 12:19pm PDT

This isn’t the first time Gosselin has been bitten by a venomous spider. Back in 2014, Gosselin had a spider bite puncture a hole in his right calf that needed 12 stitches to close.

He also had a memorable run-in with the former home security camera operator, Michael Serpe, in 2004, the same year he appeared on Celebrity Apprentice.

Serpe went on to become a reality star in his own right and made his mark on the celeb world with appearances on America’s Next Top Model, and an episode of New York’s Greatest Hits.

Leave a Comment